Credits: Eels Philippines (Jennifer Artates, Jane Garcia Maranan, Cristina Roña and many many of them amazing ladies)
EELS PHILIPPINES GATHERING AND JKS BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION 2012
1. Eels Philippines is a group bonded by our love and support to Asia Prince Jang Keun Suk. Inspired by his generous heart, our group organized a project to help children who needs proper care and affection. Our first chosen project is Hospicio de San Jose, a Catholic welfare institution in the Philippines. It is also the first social welfare agency and has been a home to orphans, abandoned and special children. To date, the orphanage supports 88 children.
2. Eels Philippines Gathering for a Cause aims to provide these children food, materials and fun activities to show our love and let them feel that someone cares for them, allow them to experience quality of life and to renew their hope. As Jang Keun Suk once said “The intent of helping others is to return as much as I receive” EELs Philippines salutes and believe in his way of giving back everything that God has provided for us.
3. Assembly and distribution of shirts for the members and preparation for the program.
4. The program started at 10:00AM, a prayer led by Vita Catherine Ione Isaac and a welcome message from Jennifer Artartes the founder of EELS Philippines.
5. Kids had fun with games and prizes and get a little more inter-active. We joined them laugh and cheer each other on. I was deeply touched by the innocence of the kids living over there. They seemed to be so happy and full of life despite so very few materialistic pleasures.
6. Jollibee (mascot) made a special appearance.
7. EELS also participate in games and performed a dance number with Jollibee.
8. Kids while having their meal.
9. We offered biscuits and medicines to the orphanage. Loot bags, balloons and gifts were also given to the kids. The children enjoyed playing with their puzzles and gifts.
10. The children performed a song number that touches our hearts. What we saw there moved our souls. Everyone had a great time and we were all very sad when it was time to say goodbye. We spent time and play with them to show how much we love them and how special they were. It was relatively a short visit for us but a memorable one.
11. Other photos at Hospicio Orphanage:
12. The program at the orphanage ended at 12NN. EELS then went off to our second venue at Casa Bocobo to celebrate Prince Jang Keun Suk’s 25th Birthday.
13. EELs Philippines 1st Gathering and JSK Birthday Celebration is a meet and greet event for all Filipina Eels. This is our way of showing our undying love, utmost support and dedication to one and only Prince Jang Keun Suk. Though JKS will not be present in this event, his presence in our hearts is enough to make this event fun, memorable and successful. To date EELS Philippines has 475 official members (and growing).
14. Our second location: Casa Bocobo Hotel
15. Registration and name tag distribution. There were many eels familiar faces, and new faces – they are very nice and friendly. I also finally met eels that I often talk to on facebook and twitter.
16. Everyone was busy taking pictures. We decorated the walls with JKS posters, banners and stars. We blew balloons and scattered them all over.
17. The program started at 1:30 PM. Jenill Pajarillaga and I (Jane Maranan) hosted the party. An opening prayer again was led by Vita. Lunch has been served and everyone enjoyed chatting and mingling with their new found eel friends. We were so excited as if we knew each other for so long. We bond together as a family.
18. While having lunch we watched YAB BTS. Every time HTK was flashed on the screen the whole room was filled with screams and laughter. (Staffs of Casa Bocobo rushed to see what’s causing the chaos LOL!)
19. After having our scrumptious lunch. Jennifer gave her opening and welcome message, followed by a special announcement by Ms. Agnes of Behind the Scene International Productions Incorporated.
20. We had so much fun during games and raffle draws. There were so many exciting prizes, that even the losing team for each game received gifts for participating. We gave out lots of posters, DVD’s, Magazine and original goods from WPS. It was a great fun. All were glad and seemed to enjoy.
21. Finally, the highlight of the event, we had the cutting of JKS cake amidst a lot of screaming and picture takings and also a toast to officially celebrate JKS 25th birthday. We proudly blew out the candles and made a wish for our Prince.
22. Kudos to the hardworking admins of EELS Philippines that made this wonderful event possible.
(Jennifer Artates (founder EELS PH), Jean Eel, Aljosha Duarte, Jane Garcia Maranan, Jenill Judalena-Pajarillaga, Francesca Espanol, Vita Catherine Ione Isaac, Nunnally Migrap Macapagal, Cristina Roña, Erika Mae Abulencia, Jennifer Casumbal Amparo, Monique Tan)
23. Everyone received a special gift.
24. Other photos at JKS Birthday Celebration:
25. It was indeed a memorable and rewarding experience for us. EELS Philippines will continue to support and love Prince Jang Keun Suk. We do believe that this project is something not only EELs Philippines but also EELs around the world can be proud of.
10 thoughts on “[Fan Account] 2012-07-28 EELS Philippines Gathering for a Cause”
why am i teary-eyed while reading this post??
..i brings back the fun and life-long experience of the event. and the kids, they are so precious..i just wish happiness and a good future for them.
many thanks sis sarah, cristina and jane for this post, to sis jen artates who came up with such good event, and all other sisters there.
it really was fun having the opportunity to serve the children, at the same time fun meeting all the Eels Philippines members.^^
looking forward to another gathering. 😀
All I can say is.. WOW! kudos and great job to all Eels Philippines.. Hopefully I can join you in the future activities. More power!
EELS Philippines….you are simply amazing!!!! i am sure the kids are truly blessed by your acts of love and generosity…and all this inspired through our beloved Sukkie!!
I am sure he will be very proud to know he has such wonderful EELS…just like him 🙂
really great event and meaningful…
I am speachless!
I really love my eels sisters 😀
kudos to you EELS Phils and at the same time I regret not being able to join you guys because of work. I was out of town.
I am very proud of you my eels Philippines sisters… <3
To all filipino eels… so touching to see this and thanks for sharing the gift of LOVE ^_^
Eels Philippines, may God bless you with more than you give…. Children are our future and it is indeed an amazing deed you guys have done for them even though for a few hours. Jen, Ione, Jane, Christina and all the rest of you, I feel so proud to have the honour to know you. May your selfless efforts go a long way…. Luvy’all ♥♥♥
Hi there my all sist Eels in Philippines..only one word for you all..BRAVO 🙂 i wish can join n follow what you’ve done to celebrate our Prince JKS’s Bday..with charity.. so for next year i wish the Indonesian Eels can do the similar event 🙂 I LOVE U ALL my SIST EELS..n HAPPY BDAY PRINCE JKS,ZIKZIN!
how can i join the eel philippines im a fan of jgs plz help