UPDATE: added some related video links
Original source: 일간스포츠 (Daily Sports)
English translation: Hazy Lee from ECI
Edited by: tenshi_akuma
JKS message for Luner New Year : Happy New Year~
I hope you will keep healthy and smiling throughout this year
Q&A from above picture (Credit: Mandy Pan from ECI):
1. Songs I like to listen lately is by (Kim Gun Mo)
2. Best partner I worked with so far is (Ha Ji Won)
3. Happiest thing for me lately is (Daebak)
4. Saddest moment this year (none)
5. I will (shout crazy sound) when stressed.
6. If I am not an actor, I will work (with car-related) jobs
7. I must work with (Yoo Ah-In) again
8. (People) are my most precious.
9. Dark history I want to erase is ( ) – blank
10. Handphone short message in main page is (Psycho-J)
11. Favorite variety show is (Produce101)
12. I will rather die than eat ( ) – blank
13. If I’m given one-week holiday, I like to (go camping in the mountain).
14. The first thing I do when I wake up is to (search for my news).
15. My most important work is (Daebak)
– You overcame the discussion on tax issue.
“That’s right, although it has been repeatedly clarified previously that the Company has settled the issue, but the public felt I was hiding from the media, yet, I did not choose to shout out ‘I am innocent’. On the contrary, I was very determined at that time.”
– You were edited out of ‘Three meals a day’ as a result.
“I met PD Na recently. He said we should work together on the next show. Till now I have not watched ‘Three meals a day’ yet. (laugh)”
– You are considered the pioneer in Hallyu stars.
“It is a double-edged sword. There are many who are Hallyu stars and are successful as actors, however come to think of it, are titled stars only. Seniors Choi Min-sik, Song Kang-Ho and Sol Kyung-gu are not named stars. Only the local actors who are successful overseas are called stars.”
– Was it you who wanted to be a child actor?
“I am full of passion since young, my parents could see it and helped with the connections. I had strong determinations then, and would come to Seoul via local lines. I took the bus alone back and forth school since primary 3.”
– Any advantages or disadvantages of being a child actor?
“Everyone would feel differently I guess. For me, I thought it’s good. The experience from young helped shaped me and laid the foundation. I couldn’t escape then and faced many difficulties, but I managed to survive and all turned out well.”
– Would you dislike being tagged as a child actor?
“In comparison to other child actors, I don’t think I was as successful, I felt I did better as an adult. Although the public said ‘looks good looks good’, but in fact, nobody remembers the works from my childhood days.”
– Why do you think you are unpopular among guys?
“There isn’t a role where guys could relate to. The only 2 are ‘Beethoven virus’ and ‘Itaewon Homicide’. After that it would be drama types like ‘You’re Beautiful’ and ‘Love Rain’. Till today, guys who saw me would still tell me ‘really like your acting in Beethoven Virus’.”
– Do you go clubbing often?
“I am no longer a clubbing regular amongst the artists these days. Clubs are danger zones. Incidents, accidents happened regularly. I rather invite people whom I know to my working studio to drink while playing loud music.”
– Zion T’s song ‘Yanghwa Bridge’ is similar to your personal experience?
“It is my song. Dad a driver and mom a dishwasher. I have no siblings, the only child. For their son, they came to Seoul with merely 200k Korean Won and worked hard. Looking back, I had the idea to work hard and earn money since young.”
– Any actor you hope to work with?
“Yoo Ah-in. I got to know him since young, he achieved great success last year. I hope to work with him as a co-star in an acting project.”
tenshi_akuma’s note: Here’s the link they worked before in a CF.
– You will be enlisted this year?
“Absolutely. There is no feeling of anxiety prior to enlistment, and I felt normal. I think it’s fair. I was working in the early twenties when my fellow university mates of the same age completed their enlistment. They have all graduated and started working, and now it’s my turn to get enlisted, but I don’t feel edgy or anxious at all.”
– Goals for this year?
“Domestic use. I had previously focused on overseas activities, I hope to reestablish my name locally this year. To regain my self-esteem as an actor.”
[END]Share on Facebook