Credits: Eels Philippines (Jennifer Artates, Jane Garcia Maranan, Cristina Roña and many many of them amazing ladies)
EELS PHILIPPINES GATHERING AND JKS BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION 2012
1. Eels Philippines is a group bonded by our love and support to Asia Prince Jang Keun Suk. Inspired by his generous heart, our group organized a project to help children who needs proper care and affection. Our first chosen project is Hospicio de San Jose, a Catholic welfare institution in the Philippines. It is also the first social welfare agency and has been a home to orphans, abandoned and special children. To date, the orphanage supports 88 children.
2. Eels Philippines Gathering for a Cause aims to provide these children food, materials and fun activities to show our love and let them feel that someone cares for them, allow them to experience quality of life and to renew their hope. As Jang Keun Suk once said “The intent of helping others is to return as much as I receive” EELs Philippines salutes and believe in his way of giving back everything that God has provided for us.
5. Kids had fun with games and prizes and get a little more inter-active. We joined them laugh and cheer each other on. I was deeply touched by the innocence of the kids living over there. They seemed to be so happy and full of life despite so very few materialistic pleasures.
10. The children performed a song number that touches our hearts. What we saw there moved our souls. Everyone had a great time and we were all very sad when it was time to say goodbye. We spent time and play with them to show how much we love them and how special they were. It was relatively a short visit for us but a memorable one.
12. The program at the orphanage ended at 12NN. EELS then went off to our second venue at Casa Bocobo to celebrate Prince Jang Keun Suk’s 25th Birthday.
13. EELs Philippines 1st Gathering and JSK Birthday Celebration is a meet and greet event for all Filipina Eels. This is our way of showing our undying love, utmost support and dedication to one and only Prince Jang Keun Suk. Though JKS will not be present in this event, his presence in our hearts is enough to make this event fun, memorable and successful. To date EELS Philippines has 475 official members (and growing).
17. The program started at 1:30 PM. Jenill Pajarillaga and I (Jane Maranan) hosted the party. An opening prayer again was led by Vita. Lunch has been served and everyone enjoyed chatting and mingling with their new found eel friends. We were so excited as if we knew each other for so long. We bond together as a family.
18. While having lunch we watched YAB BTS. Every time HTK was flashed on the screen the whole room was filled with screams and laughter. (Staffs of Casa Bocobo rushed to see what’s causing the chaos LOL!)
20. We had so much fun during games and raffle draws. There were so many exciting prizes, that even the losing team for each game received gifts for participating. We gave out lots of posters, DVD’s, Magazine and original goods from WPS. It was a great fun. All were glad and seemed to enjoy.
21. Finally, the highlight of the event, we had the cutting of JKS cake amidst a lot of screaming and picture takings and also a toast to officially celebrate JKS 25th birthday. We proudly blew out the candles and made a wish for our Prince.
22. Kudos to the hardworking admins of EELS Philippines that made this wonderful event possible.
(Jennifer Artates (founder EELS PH), Jean Eel, Aljosha Duarte, Jane Garcia Maranan, Jenill Judalena-Pajarillaga, Francesca Espanol, Vita Catherine Ione Isaac, Nunnally Migrap Macapagal, Cristina Roña, Erika Mae Abulencia, Jennifer Casumbal Amparo, Monique Tan)
25. It was indeed a memorable and rewarding experience for us. EELS Philippines will continue to support and love Prince Jang Keun Suk. We do believe that this project is something not only EELs Philippines but also EELs around the world can be proud of.